Friday, January 26, 2024

Sunday, January 28, 2024 The Fourth Sunday of Epiphany

 

Hymn.      Praise to the Lord the Almighty #220


Scripture Lessons:       I Corinthians 8:1-13

                                     Psalm 111 p.833VU

                                     Mark 1:21-28

Message



Prayer:  O Jesus Christ, when I read the gospel stories I am touched by your healing power. You healed sick bodies to be sure, but you did so much more. You healed the spirit and the deep inner mind. Most of all I am touched by your actions off acceptance that spoke healing into those who lived on the margins of life— shoved aside by the strong and the powerful. 
       Speak your healing into me, O Lord— body and mind and soul. Most of all, heal my sense of worthlessness. My head tells me that I am of infinite value to you but my heart cannot believe it. Heal my heart, Jesus, heal my heart. Amen. ( a prayer written by by Richard Foster and printed in Prayers from the Heart)

Hymn       How Sweet the Name of Jesus Sounds #344



This Sunday’s services will be 9:30 in Franklin and 11:00 in Howick. 

We hold in our thoughts and prayers the families of Penny Anderson and Miller Carimichael, who died this past week.

This Sunday is the deadline for submitting reports for the annual report. Please let Barbara or Wilene know if your report will be late and when it might be available. Thank you. 

The Official Board meeting for the Ormstown-Franklin Pastoral Charge will be held on Wednesday, February 21st in the hall in Ormstown at 1:30pm. 

The dates for the annual meetings for our congregations have been set: February 25 for Howick (storm date March 3rd) and March 10 for Franklin and Ormstown. Please mark your calendars! 

Many thanks to the Nakonhaka Regional Council who has provided copies of the Mohawk Bible to the Howick and Ormstown congregations. It allows us to honour the accomplishment of Harvey Gabriel, Satewas, in completing this translation over many years (decades) and also to acknowledge that we share this land with the Kanienkehaka (Mohawk) people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment