Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2026

Sunday, September 13, 2026 The Second Sunday of Creation

 This weekend is the Jewish holiday of Rosh Hoshanah for our Jewish sisters and brothers. This marks the Jewish New Year and we wish for them Shana Tova, or a sweet and good new year. 


Hymn       Joyful, Joyful #232



Scripture Lessons:        Romans 14:1-12

                                      Psalm 114

                                      Matthew 18:21-32

Message



Prayer:  Holy One, I said “Oops” this week: I forgot to hold someone’s hand; 
I said the wrong thing to a friend in pain; I didn’t finish what I said I would do;
I didn’t look for you in the eyes of a stranger. 
Holy One, forgive me my “Oops”—
And help me to forgive others their “Oops”
Wrap me up safe in your grace, 
And give me the courage to keep on trying. Amen. (a prayer by Jane O. Sorensen, printed in Before the Amen edited by Maren C. Tirabassi and Maria I. Tirabassi)

Hymn       Amazing Grace #266


This Sunday’s services will be 9:30 in Howick and 11:00 in Ormstown. 

We hold in our thoughts and prayers the family and friends of John (Jack) Peddie, who died last week and whose funeral in Ottawa is being held this weekend. Next weekend Saturday September 19th there will be a burial at the Riverfield Cemetery at 11am to be followed by a reception at the Town Hall in Howick. All are welcome to come and remember Jack and to offer support to Gloria and the family. 

St Paul’s Session will meet on Wednesday, September 16th at 7:30pm in the hall. 

A new newsletter will be produced this month, please let Barbara know if you have any items to include. 

After conversations with the Sessions, a Confirmation class is being planned for sometime this year (2026-7). When would be best to hold these classes? Fall, winter or spring? Evening or afternoon? Please let Barbara know your thoughts. 

Howick United Church will be holding its Benny’s BBQ Chicken fundraiser on Sunday, September 27th following the 11:00 service. The lunch can be takeout or eat-in and the price is $20 for the dinner (chef’s choice) or $12 for nuggets. Please reserve your dinner by Wednesday, September 23rd by contacting Wilene Cullen, Anita Greig, or Allyson Orr. We thank you for your support. 

The OHO Quilters will be holding their Quilt Show Friday and Saturday September 18th and 19th between 10-4:00 at the Ormstown Curling Club. The price of admission is $5 and includes the tearoom as well. Any profits go to local charities. 





No comments:

Post a Comment