Thursday, June 29, 2023

Sunday, July 2,2023

 Happy Canada Day! 



Hymn      Where Cross the Crowded Ways of Life #681VU



Scripture Lessons:  Romans 6:12- 23

                                Psalm 13 p. 734VU

                                Matthew 10:42-40

Reflection



Prayer:  Lord Christ, I know not where this journey will lead, but you do not leave me unguided: Thank you for those whose lives, by word, deed and example, have become a signpost for me. 

Lord Christ, I know not where this journey will lead, but you do not leave me in solitary joy: Thank you for those whose lives overflowed to mingle with mine in the celebration of your love. 

Lord Christ, I know not where this journey will lead, but you do not leave me uncomforted: Thank you for those who, in love and compassion, have met me in my brokenness and brought healing. 

Lord Christ, I know not where this journey will lead, but you do not leave me unsheltered: Thank you for those who, with warmth and generosity, have made their lives places of ‘home’ for me. 

Lord Christ, I know not where this journey will lead, but you do not leave me unchallenged: Thank you for those whose words and questions have stretched me and sent me out to search for you. 

Lord Christ, I know not where this journey will lead, but you do not leave me to walk alone: Thank you for those who, in the sharing of their lives, have become my companions on the way. 

Lord Christ, we know not where this journey will lead, but it is enough that you are its beginning and its end, and that you travel with us. Amen. ( a prayer by Pat Bennett printed in the Iona Community’s Barefeet and Butterflies, edited by Ruth Burgess.) 

Hymn       What a Friend We Have in Jesus #664VU



This Sunday’s services will be at 9:30 in Ormstown and 11:00 in Howick. Next Sunday there will be services at Franklin at 9:30, 11:00 in Ormstown and 11:00 in Howick with Debbie Beattie. 

Congratulations and best wishes to our local students, particularly those celebrating their graduations. 

Our thoughts and prayers are with the Gosnell family following the death of Joan this past week. A service in celebration of her life will be held next week in Prince Edward Island. 

We have also been saddened by the news of the death of Donald Hooker this past weekend. We hold his family in our thoughts and prayers. 

Many thanks for the support of St Paul’s Strawberry Social this past Thursday. It is greatly appreciated.  

While Barbara is on holiday, there is a special combined service being planned for our cluster of churches (South Shore and the Valley). It will take place Sunday August 13th, beginning with a service in Kanewake United Church at 10:30 and concluding with a visit to the Tipi Project, including lunch. Please let Barbara know if you are planning to attend so she can let the planners know. 



No comments:

Post a Comment