Friday, June 23, 2023

Sunday, June 25, 2023 The Fourth Sunday after Pentecost

 This Sunday is the first Sunday of  summer and is also being observed as the Indigenous Day of Prayer, following National Indigenous Peoples Day last Wednesday. 



Hymn      Great is Thy Faithfulness #288




Scripture Lessons:     Genesis 21:8-21

                                   Psalm 86:1-10, 16, 17 p.803VU

                                   Romans 6:1-11

                                   Matthew 10:24-39

Reflection 



Prayer:  O Great Spirit, whose voice I hear in the winds, and whose breath gives life to all the world, hear me, I come before you, one of your children. I am small and weak. I need your strength and wisdom. Let me walk in beauty and make my eyes ever behold the red and purple sunset. Make my hands respect the things you have made, my ears sharp to hear your voice. Make me wise, so that I may know the things you have taught my people, the lesson you have hidden in every leaf and rock. I seek strength not to be superior to my sisters and brothers, but to be able to fight my greatest enemy, myself. Make me ever ready to come to you, with clean hands and straight eyes, so when life fades as a fading sunset, my spirit my come to you without shame. ( a prayer by Yellow Hawk, a Sioux chief) 

Hymn.     I Need Thee Every Hour #671




This Sunday we will be celebrating Communion in both Franklin and Howick, in Franklin at 9:30 and in Howick at 11:00. This Sunday will also be an outdoor service in Howick (weather permitting), so please bring your lawn chairs if you are able. 

St Paul’s United Church will be holding its Strawberry Social again, as a Takeout, on Thursday June 29th from 5-8pm in MacDougall Hall. Cost will be $8 for adults and $5 for children 5-10. 

Volunteers will also be needed to fix the strawberries on Wednesday, June 28th from 1:00 in the hall. If you are able to help us out, please bring your own bowls, knives, and aprons if you can. Many hands make light work! 

Worship Schedule: July 2.  9:30. Ormstown.    11:00 Howick
       July 9.  9:30. Franklin. 11:00.  Ormstown.    11:00.  Howick, with D Beattie
       July 16. 9:30. Howick.  11:00. Ormstown
       July 23.  9:30. Franklin.  11:00. Howick
       July 30.  Combined service at Howick, 11:00
August Barbara will be on holidays from July 31- September 4.

There will be a combined regional service held on August 13th in the Kanewake United Church at 10:30am, followed by a visit to the Tipi Project. Please let Barbara know if you are planning to attend so she can let the planners know how many people to expect. 




No comments:

Post a Comment