Friday, April 14, 2023

Sunday, April 16, 2023 The Second Sunday of Easter

 My apologies for those who were looking for the blog last weekend. I had not realized that I had not published the blog before I sent out the email. Once again, I am sorry. B


Hymn       The Day of Resurrection #164VU



Scripture Lessons:         I Peter 1:3-9

                                       Psalm 150 p.874VU

                                       John 20:19-31

Hymn      Jesus Stand Among Us #396VU

Meditation



Prayer:  Praise to you, my risen Redeemer, who keeps on challenging the doubt in me, who perceives the Thomas in me and allows me those graceful times when I, too, can put my fingers into the signs and wounds of my everyday life and there come in contact with you. 

Praise to you, my risen Lord, who keeps on meeting me in the garden of my life, who keeps on calling my name, allowing me to feel loved, blessed, and cherished. 

Praise to you risen Jesus, who walks with me on my Emmaus journeys, coaxing the ache out of me, comforting and strengthening me with the intimate presence of yourself. 

Praise to you, my risen Saviour, who surprises me on the sandy beaches of my so often planned and programmed life, inviting me to come and taste what you have prepared. Time after time, you nourish me with all that I need to carry your risen presence with me, wherever I go and to who ever I meet. Amen. ( a prayer from Joyce Rupp’s Fresh Bread and other gifts of Spiritual Nourishment) 

Hymn      Christ the Lord is Risen Today #157VU



Barbara will be away this week on educational leave. Debbie Beattie will be leading the services in Franklin and Howick next Sunday, April 23rd. 

We are delighted this Sunday to welcome 7 new members into St Paul’s, Ormstown through Profession of Faith. 

Sunday, April 30th will be a combined service for our 3 congregations held in St Paul’s in Ormstown at 11:00. Fellowship time will begin at 10:30 in the church. 

There will be a Memorial Tea held for Marjorie Templeton on Sunday, April 30th from 2-4pm in the Howick United Church Hall. 

This week has been labelled as Earth Week, leading into Earth Day on Saturday April 22nd. We are invited to consider how we can show our care and concern for the Earth, our environment this week and beyond. In Ormstown there will be a forum with many groups and organizations organizing displays as well as the Scouts offering a lunch at the Rec Centre in Ormstown 10:00-1:00. 

The 4-H Square Dancing Competition will be held Saturday, April 22nd at 1pm in the Industrial Building at the Fairgrounds. 

The Nakonhaka Regional Council is now receiving applications for the IFE and Hugh Duncan bursaries. The deadline for applying is June 1st. It is open to confirmed members of a United Church congregation who are studying at a college level or university level school. The application form is available on the Nakonhaka website (nakonhakaucc.ca) or request a copy from Barbara. 




No comments:

Post a Comment